For our fur babies it’s so important to know where we can take them as we run errands, meet friends for coffee or even go out for dinner…and of course all of the best spots for their walks and playtime as well. After all, pets are social creatures too! Ottawa has made sure it has plenty of pet friendly places available for all species, breeds, shapes and sizes.
- Chapters Indigo – Believe it or not, you can walk into any Chapters or Indigo branch with a well-behaved dog on a leash.
- Canadian Tire & Lee Valley – Again, any well-behaved dog on a leash is welcome to join you while you shop.
- Byward Market – take a stroll through the market and pop into many of the stores who welcome your fuzzy friends.
- Ottawa’s Dog Parks – Off leash parks include “Doggie Disneyland” Conroy Pit, part of the Greenbelt’s Pine Grove trail. If you’re closer to the west end your pup can enjoy being free at Bruce Pit which is also know as Ottawa’s premier dog park with several acres of forest and hiking trails.
- Ottawa Pet Friendly Hotels – Having company? Visiting Ottawa just for a weekend? We have plenty of pet-friendly hotels here in Ottawa. Click the link for a list.
- Benny’s Bistro – named after the owner’s first dog…of course this friendly bistro will allow your pup in.
- The Pampered Pet – This family owned pet store specializes in all-natural pet food for their clients and they welcome visits from their clients…meaning the pets and their owners!
- Happy Goat Coffee – This Ottawa favourite welcomes well-behaved dogs while their owners sip on delicious coffee, sandwiches and baked goods.
- Banks – every TD Bank in Ottawa allows dogs. CIBC in Orleans and at Bank and Queen allow them and the Scotiabank at Main and Bank does as well.
- Kitchenalia – This amazing kitchen store not only welcomes your pup but even has a big bowl of treats oustide for them!
- Cabela’s – the ultimate outdoor store! Of course they let our animal friends in!
- Greenhawk – The best Equestrian store in the city…yep they let animals in!
- Beyond the Pale Brewery – This local brewery lets your pets in with while you taste and browse.
- Pet Stores – This may seem obvious but not all pet stores let pets in with their owners…Global Pet Foods, Rens, Pet Valu, Pet Smart, March Road Pet and Barrkhaven DO!
- Stray Dog Brewing Company – Orleans first micro-brewery, this dog-loving set up welcomes your furry friends!
Do you know any pet friendly places that we missed? Let us know and we will add them to our list!