Our first weekend in December and the city is already exploding with seasonal events for the holidays. We have some FREE ones for you here:
Letters to Santa – Taking place on Saturday at the City of Ottawa Archives from 9 to 3 pm. Children can write their letters to Santa, enjoy some treats and play games. Everything is FREE!
Mayor’s Christmas Celebration – Every year Mayor Jim Watson welcomes Ottawa residents to join him to celebrate Christmas. This celebration includes skating on the Sens Rink of Dreams, horse-drawn wagon rides, crafts, live performances and plenty of sweet treats. And, of course, Santa will be here.
Christmas Market at Canadian Museum of History – This beautiful market takes place in the stunning Grand Hall and features goods from local artisans.
Christmas Markets – Numerous Christmas markets are happening throughout December all throughout the city.
Santa Claus Parades
- Parade of Lights Osgoode – Friday, December 2, 7:30 p.m.
- Santa’s Parade @ Woodlawn – Saturday, December 3, 12:30 p.m.
- Santa Claus Parade, Constance and Buckham’s Bay – Saturday, December 3, 12:30 p.m.
- Manotick Santa Claus Parade – Saturday, December 3, 1 p.m.
- Santa Claus Parade and Lighting of the Park, Richmond – Saturday, December 3, 5:30 p.m.