There is a chill in the air today and it is definitely starting to feel like actual autumn here in Ottawa. Fall is a great time for both outdoor and indoor activities in our city and we have a bunch of FREE activities for you this weekend.
- Gatineau Park – with over 165 kilometers of trails, there is NO better time than autumn for a hike in Gatineau Park. The fall colours are absolutely stunning and it is completely free! Both today and Saturday are supposed to be crisp but sunny…take advantage!
- Open House at the Museum of Nature – this annual event is taking place this weekend on Saturday from 10 to 4 at the Museum’s Gatineau Campus at 1740 Pink Road in Gatineau. This is an opportunity to explore the museum’s collections for free and is especially a great way to introduce children to the museum.
- Calabogie Art Fest – another way to enjoy the fall colours is by taking a drive to the valley to enjoy Calabogie Art Fest happening all weekend. Visit local studios to view the works and pieces of local artists.
- Feast, Revel & Grind – taking place in the Byward Market, this event brings together many of the market’s restaurants to celebrate glorious, delicious coffee! Taking place on Saturday from 2 to 4…free samples too!
- Merrickville Jazzfest – the 6th annual Jazzfest takes place this weekend and while it isn’t exactly free it’s just $20 for a weekend pass! Merrickville is a great spot to enjoy an autumn weekend and adding jazz to that…worth the money!