Well the weather looks like it’s going to warm up just in time for a weekend filled with free activities in Ottawa. Here they are:
- Westboro Fuse – Celebrating the food and culture of one of Ottawa’s most popular neighbourhoods. Running all weekend, there will be food, music, shopping, live performances and lots more. Something for everyone!
- Italian Week – Honouring the culture, food, music and more of the Italian heritage, this festival runs until the 19th of June and is totally free! Taking place in Ottawa’s vibrant Little Italy.
- The New Art Festival – The New Art Festival is celebrating 24 years of being in Central Park in the Glebe. This art festival celebrates original art and those who create it. Totally free to view!
- Ottawa Dog Festival – Completely free, this event runs Saturday and Sunday at the RA Centre. This is the first event of its kind in Ottawa so bring your pooch and enjoy free samples, information sessions, product demonstrations and more. You can also upgrade to the VIPooch tent for just $10.
- Dessert Fest – The largest dessert festival in North America takes place this weekend at Landsdowne. This is an almost free event with a cost of $10 for adults. Children 12 and under are free!