The Ottawa Riverfront, walking trails, shopping, parks, GREAT schools, the Queensway Carleton Hospital, Kanata Hi-Tech Corrider…oh and the new DND headquarters. NO WONDER the selling prices of homes have soared in the narrow band stretching west along the Ottawa River from Island Park Drive to the new headquarters for the Department of National Defence. For example the area of Crystal Bay, Rocky Point and Bayshore have jumped 10.7% since last November….plus the increase in sales activity has not slowed this rise down by any means. People want to be in the west end, with a close commute to work, surrounded by good recreation, great schools and more. Have a look at the stats below, image courtesy of the Ottawa Citizen. Be sure to check out the listing we have in Lakeview Park which is in this west end neighbourhood that has seen a raise in value…details below!
We have a listing in beautiful Lakeview Park which is a little known, but coveted neighbourhood in the west end of Ottawa. Adjacent to Crystal Beach this neighbourhood is one that has seen this raise in value and is minutes from so many amenities and offers mature, tree-lined streets with this particular home at 4 Brookbend Crescent backing onto a peaceful ravine with no rear neighbours. Read on for more information on what this quaint neighbourhood has to offer! You will want to be a part of this lovely, small community.
Amazing for your commute!
New DND Location
- 3 minute drive
- 25 minute walk
- 7 minute cycle
- 8 minute public transport
Queensway Carleton Hospital
- 7 minute drive
- 15 minute cycle
- 17 minute public transport
Kanata Hi Tech
- 12 minute drive
- 28 minute cycle
Lakeview Public School
- 2 minute cycle and a 5 minute walk away
- Immersion Centre offering Early French Immersion from JK to Grade 6.
- Offers “Balanced School Day” method of two 120 minute blocks separated by nutrition breaks followed by a last learning block of 60 minutes which allows time to learn and achieve without numerous interruptions.
- Special Education is offered with a Learning Support Teacher available to assist classroom teachers to modify or differentiate a student’s program.
- Learning Resource Teacher is available to work with students outside of the regular classroom.
- Numerous clubs and activities are offered including but not limited to volleyball, track and field, basketball and soccer, chess and arts & crafts, public speaking and a music program.
- Strong presence in the community with its relationship to Riverpark Place Retirement Home which aids students in a desire to volunteer and be a part of their outside community.
- Very unique in that the school has access to Andrew Haydon Park with an underground tunnel leading to it and the Crystal Beach Tennis Club and Corkstown Pool.
Bell High School
- Located on the edge of NCC Greenspace, this school has so much to offer those students in Grade 9 through 12.
- 8 minute drive, 20 minute cycle away.
- Active, diverse group of teachers from a variety of cultural backgrounds support an amazing academic program, a performing arts programs, dramatic productions and extracurricular activities.
- Staff support student excursions such as science centres, dramatic performances and trips abroad.
- This is the ONLY quadruple track school in the district featuring English, French Immersion, Gifted English and Gifted Immersion and ESL.
- Offers DUAL credit opportunities through a partnership with Algonquin and Coop Programming.
- Activities and clubs include, but are not limited to, skiing, baseball, badminton, track and field, variety of musical and drama programs, student council, athletic council, yearbook, model united nations and more.
Recreation within Minutes!
Andrew Haydon Park
- Offers numerous paths and access to the Trans Canada Trail and Ottawa River Waterfront.
- 10 minute walk.
- 4 minute cycle.
- Great views, ideal spot for a picnic or an evening stroll…it doesn’t get better!
Wesley Clover Parks
- 9 minute drive.
- 25 minute cycle.
- Don’t miss any of the horse events that these parks have to offer!
- Equestrian school, horse boarding facilities, ski trails, tack shops, greenspace ideal for sports!
- Access Bell’s Corners within 6 minutes to get all of your grocery shopping done plus enjoy an array of other shops including boutiques, pet stores, home décor shops AND loads of restaurants including popular Sukko Thai, Cyrano’s and The Brew Table.
- Grocery stores nearby include Metro, Loblaws and Sobey’s.
- LCBO is accessible in Bells Corners and Kanata North.
- Beer Store is accessible in Bells Corners.
- Access Kanata North with more stores and restaurants within 12 minutes.
- Bayshore Shopping Centre is a 6 minute drive, a 10 minute cycle and a 25 minute walk away.
- Access the rest of Ottawa easily via Carling Road or the 417 which is a minute’s drive from your door.
- All this while being nestled in an established, mature community on a quiet tree-lined street and backing onto a peaceful ravine with no rear neighbours….nothing more to ask for here!